Monday, August 12, 2013

Pina Colada "Soft-serve" Sorbet + Update

Believe it or not, I've been making a TON of new recipes. The only problem? I haven't written too many down. In fact, I wasn't planning on writing this one down until an instagrammer asked for the recipe. 

I'm actually very glad she asked. This stuff is good. VERY good. And there's no ice cream maker needed! 


These past couple weeks have been just as tough as they have been beautiful. I'm using so much time and energy on my current health goals/my current job that I haven't had much time to post things in my blog. 

Not much to elaborate on... well, not yet. Let me post the recipe first and then I'll keep talking. 


Piña Colada Sorbet

Serves 2

Ingredients:
* 1/3 cup coconut water
* 1 large medjool date, soaked
* 1-2 big spoonfuls coconut butter (I use one)
* 3 cups frozen pineapple chunks
Directions:
1) In Vitamix or food processor, lightly combine coconut water, date, and coconut butter.
2)  Now add the frozen pineapple chunks. Use the tamper if using the Vitamix, or keep pulsing if using a food processor (this may take a while). 
3) When at desired creaminess, scoop out into two bowls. Serve immediately. 

TIPS:
1) If freezing your own pineapple, make sure it is SUPER ripe. The riper the fruit, the more flavorful your ice cream will be. 
2) If using the Vitamix blender, make sure to HEAVILY use that tamper to push the mixture down. Do this the whole time until the sorbet is creamy. 
3) If Vitamix sounds like it's about to shut off (weird, low gurgle noise even though it's on super high speed), turn off, wait 5-10 minutes, and/or add a tiny bit of coconut water. Then turn back on and continue until sorbet is ready. 

~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ 

... I wish I can say that I am the natural athlete, or at least that I enjoy exercising. Unfortunately, I'm not at the point in my journey that I can say I enjoy doing it. But I am trying. More than anything else, I'm trying to exercise consistently. 

Consistency is very hard, and takes so much time and energy (hence why I've been too tired to post much). I must admit, half the time I've been feeling discouraged. There have been plenty of teary nights filled with frustration at myself, at choices, and at the exercise itself sometimes. It ain't easy to start up - or perhaps even maintain - a habit. But this habit... This habit is worth it. 

I feel like I only know the tip of the ice burg when knowing about the amazing benefits of an active lifestyle. I'm looking forward to discovering more - and reaching my goals! 

I hope all is well with you, and that you are enjoying your health journey - trust me, that's what I'm trying to do (not easy, but it's worth it to enjoy every moment!).

Peace, love, and pineapple sorbet. <3 <3 <3

~ Natalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment