Monday, July 15, 2013

Green Juice with Optional Fruit Blend! :)

Optional and RECOMMENDED fruit blend.

Look at that vibrant green color:


I initially planned on making a simple juice, but then I ended up making a juice fruit blend in my vitamix. *shrug* Hey, it happens. 

Without any further ado, here's the recipe:


Cool Refresh Juice
WITH OPTIONAL FRUIT BLEND (recommended)

Serves 3-4 (makes about four cups, with the fruit blend)

Ingredients:
* 2 huge green apples
* 2 cups organic grapes
* 1-2 medium large stalks celery
* Small cucumber
* 7-8 huge leaves kale
* HUGE handful organic baby greens
* 2 sprigs mint
* 1/4 lime

* Large frozen pineapple chunks!

Directions:
1) Run all ingredients through juicer.
2) Pour 1 cup of juice into vitamix blender and add 2-4 large chunks of pineapple. Blend until smooth and creamy, and pour into a large glass.
3) Repeat until all juice has been blended and poured into glasses.
4) Share with the world!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~~  ~~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ 

I hope you enjoy the recipe. My parents went crazy for it! Even my sister drank it (and she can be quite picky). 

One more suggestion: adding frozen cherries to the mix makes it taste even more delicious. Just a suggestion. ;)

I'm not sure when I'll be writing my next blog post.. I've got a busy work week ahead, but at the same time, I'm super inspired from the weekend I had (ate at three vegan restaurants in a row!!). So we'll see. 

I made a very simple cilantro-lime quinoa recipe that I'm still debating whether I should post. Hm, I probably will. 
In the meanwhile, I can share a lovely photo of it (paired with my mom's delicious split pea soup!). 


I hope you all have a fantastic week. I'm looking forward to sharing more recipes with you.

Much love,

~ Natalyn

P.S. This juice recipe I posted is more of a REFRESHING, VEGGIE JUICE. If you want a sweeter juice, add more fruit, or maybe add a couple dates when you blend.. that should work. :) 


1 comment:

  1. I love green fruits and vegetable juice. I drink juice daily in the breakfast. Juice makes me fit.

    Regards,
    Tahitian Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete