Ok, I'll let's make a deal. You drink this smoothie, and then you let me know if kale and sweet are meant to go together in a sentence.
I mean, just look at it:
Beautiful, emerald goodness in a glass.
This recipe was inspired by a kale shake recipe by Tess Masters (Healthy Blender Recipes <-- check it out). She wanted to create a healthy pistachio ice cream flavor smoothie with lacinato kale, frozen bananas, cashews, and dates (and a couple other things). Well, it tastes pretty darn amazing, so she succeeded. Not sure if it tastes like pistachio ice cream, but it is sweet, creamy, and delicious.
This morning, I remembered that kale shake and I decided that I would attempt to create my own sweet kale smoothie shake.
In this recipe I use both lacinato and curly kale varieties, but feel free to use any variety. In my opinion, lacinato is a bit stronger, but I still think it's good in the smoothie.
Isn't it beautiful?
Ok, ok, onward to the recipe!
Super Sweet Kale Smoothie
* 5 leaves curly kale, stems removed
* 2 leaves lacinato kale, stems removed
* 2 frozen bananas (more if you want a thicker shake texture)
* 1-2 Tbsp. coconut cream
* 1 Tbsp. almond flour
* 4 large medjool dates
* ~ 3/4 cup almond milk (add more if needed)
1) Add all ingredients to blender and blend until thoroughly combined and very creamy!
2) Pour into a tall glass (or two) and enjoy!!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I hope y'all enjoy the recipe. Made with love. <3
Peace, love, and KALE!