Friday, June 28, 2013

Super Sweet Kale Goodness!

Wait... Kale?... SWEET?? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Ok, I'll let's make a deal. You drink this smoothie, and then you let me know if kale and sweet are meant to go together in a sentence.

I mean, just look at it:


Beautiful, emerald goodness in a glass. 

This recipe was inspired by a kale shake recipe by Tess Masters (Healthy Blender Recipes <-- check it out). She wanted to create a healthy pistachio ice cream flavor smoothie with lacinato kale, frozen bananas, cashews, and dates (and a couple other things). Well, it tastes pretty darn amazing, so she succeeded. Not sure if it tastes like pistachio ice cream, but it is sweet, creamy, and delicious. 

This morning, I remembered that kale shake and I decided that I would attempt to create my own sweet kale smoothie shake. 

The result???


YUM!

In this recipe I use both lacinato and curly kale varieties, but feel free to use any variety. In my opinion, lacinato is a bit stronger, but I still think it's good in the smoothie.

Isn't it beautiful? 


Ok, ok, onward to the recipe!


Super Sweet Kale Smoothie

Serves 1-2 

Ingredients
* 5 leaves curly kale, stems removed
* 2 leaves lacinato kale, stems removed
* 2 frozen bananas (more if you want a thicker shake texture)
* 1-2 Tbsp. coconut cream
* 1 Tbsp. almond flour
* 4 large medjool dates
* ~ 3/4 cup almond milk (add more if needed)
Directions
1) Add all ingredients to blender and blend until thoroughly combined and very creamy!
2) Pour into a tall glass (or two) and enjoy!!! 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I hope y'all enjoy the recipe. Made with love. <3


Peace, love, and KALE!

Much love,


~ Natalyn










No comments:

Post a Comment