Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Green drinks, Rock Climbing and an Unusual Pudding Flavor

Hey everyone! It's been a little while, hasn't it? Well, not super long, but I still missed writing to y'all.

Ok, so today, I'm going to share a large green juice recipe with you. But first, I need to share the link to this amazing green smoothie:



Man, that smoothie was fantastic. 

Now for my juice recipe: 


Come on, does that not look beautiful to you??? Let's try again:


Yeah, got you convinced on that one, didn't I? :)

Now this is not a sweet juice, but you can make it sweet by adding one large fuji apple.

The Greenest Green Juice

Fills one large mason jar

Ingredients:
* 6-8 leaves romaine
* BIG handful curly kale (or other variety)
* 1 cucumber
* 2 small apples (I never use the cores)
* 2 oranges
* one small piece of lemon rind (or wedge of lemon)
Directions
1) Run all ingredients through juicer. 
2) Taste juice. Add a large fuji apple if sweeter juice is desired.
3) Enjoy!!!

~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~

One more recipe! Ok, so this pudding is VERY unique, and to be honest I was debating if I should post it on here because I was afraid no one would like it. But then I realized, "well, heck! It's my blog, and I thought it tasted delicious. Therefore I shall post it and if they do not enjoy, then let them eat cake." Ok, I didn't say that last part, but you get the idea: I'm posting it. 


Sweet Durian Pudding
(with Carob and Guava)

 Serves 1-2 (depends on how much you enjoy durian)

Ingredients:
* 1 wedge of frozen durian
* 2 guavas, outside only (omit the seeded portion)
* scant 1 Tbsp. carob powder
* 6-8 stevia drops (or more if desired)
Directions:
1) Combine all ingredients in vitamix and blend until smooth and creamy. 
2) Spoon into a bowl and enjoy immediately!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Got the pudding idea from Megan Elizabeth. Check out her recipe, it looks pretty amazing too!


~~~

Ok, now for some pics. So, lately, I've been digging rock climbing. I really love it, and I'm excited to see my progress as I continue practicing this summer. I go three times a week to Hangar 18. It's a very nice gym, and has a lot of wall climbing and belaying, which is my favorite. In the middle of the gym, there's a giant bouldering rock, which is also fun, but a bit too daring for me to climb all the way to the top. Perhaps someday... 

Well, here are some pics:


This last pic was blurry, but I just had to share it, because I find it funny for some reason:


Yep, I fell! Haha, that was fun (don't worry, these ropes lower you slowly enough that you don't hurt yourself. Otherwise, it wouldn't be so funny). 

I didn't make it to the top, but each time I go, I get closer and closer. Next time, I plan to get past this one green rock that gets me every time. It's crazy! Rock climbing is as much a mental sport as it is a physical one. You need to be constantly planning your next move as if you were playing a chess game or something. Pretty stinkin' awesome, if you ask me. 

Well, that's pretty much it. I have to go to school soon (two more weeks left! CHOWWWW!), so I'll talk to you all tomorrow, or maybe the day after, or I guess whenever I have a recipe or an update that's interesting enough. 

Much love,

~ Natalyn

P.S. Try the durian pudding. I dare you. 

P.S.S. Small update on my health journey: still not at my desired weight, but slowly over time have been seeing a small difference (family sees it more than me). Digestion is doing fantastic at this time, which is awesome. Mentally and emotionally, not so well because I'm very stressed out, but yoga last night helped a lot! 








No comments:

Post a Comment