It looks like a regular strawberry sorbet... until you take a bite, because this is what you'll taste in that strawberry goodness:
|PEANUT BUTTER!!! NOM NOM NOM|
Don't like/can't tolerate/allergic to peanut butter? Substitute sun butter or almond butter. Not sure how it'll taste, but it's worth a try, especially if you like sun butter sandwiches.
This recipe initially was not going to have peanut butter in it, but after I tasted that sweet strawberry "jam" sorbet, I just knew that it would pair perfectly with a heaped tablespoon of peanut butter.
Thus, the refreshing strawberry "jam" and peanut butter sorbet was born.
*crowd claps and cheers with passion*
I know, quite an beautiful story.
Ok, I got it, enough horsing around. Onward to the recipe!!!!
Strawberry Jam & Peanut Butter Sorbet
* 2 cups frozen strawberries (I used about 13-15 small frozen organic strawberries)
* 2 medjool dates (soaked, if not soft and gooey)
* 1/3 gala apple
* small squeeze of lemon
* 1 heaping Tbsp. peanut butter
1) Blend all ingredients except for peanut butter in your Vitamix blender (or food processor).
2) Add half of your tablespoon of peanut butter, then pulse and mix with the tamper for just a couple seconds. Add the other tablespoon and blend again.
3) Mix in the peanut butter yourself so that you can see the peanut butter marble as you eat your sorbet (probably looks prettier this way as well).
4) Do BOTH steps 2 and 3 for extra delicious peanut butter goodness.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Well, I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. I know I sure did!!! :)
Stay tuned for the next recipe (Hint: it involves a tupperware box, so you can take it on the go!):
In the meanwhile, enjoy the sorbet. :)
Much love and hugs,