Monday, May 27, 2013

Scrumptious Cashew Almond Butter + Update

This is one of the simplest recipes you will find on my blog! Ready for this delicious two ingredient recipe?


Raw Cashew Almond Butter

Ingredients:
* 1.5 cups cashews
* 1 cup almonds
* flavorings, sweetener, salt, etc. of choice (I personally think it's amazing just by itself)

Directions:
1) In a FOOD PROCESSOR, combine ingredients and pulse for long periods of time until desired nut butter consistency has been reached. 
2) Enjoy - with moderation, cuz this stuff is fattening.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Let me tell you why I don't recommend a vitamix for this nut butter: it burns the vitamix worse than banana ice cream would! Yikes. Plus, it made my nut butter piping hot, which means it's probably not considered "raw" anymore. Boohoo. :'( But it's ok, I'll still use it, because I can't put all that nut butter to waste! 
Food processor will also make the nut butter a bit warm, but much less than a vitamix would, which is why I recommend a food processor for this recipe. 

If you happened to be stubborn and use a vitamix anyway, here's a creative idea:


No, not the nut butter - you already know how to make that. The creamy white nut milk you see there was a result of me trying to clean my blender. I put like a cup of water and some cinnamon in there, blended, and out came this beautiful creamy goodness. It was a little grainy, but I bet you could strain that. So yeah, there you go! Fresh, quick, easy cashew almond milk. Who knew, right?? 

~~~

Ok, enough about food for a bit. The next thing I want to talk about is an update of what is happening now, and what will be happening in the future. *cue the creepy space music here*

But in all seriousness, there's a lot that will be happening in the future, Lord willing! 

But first, let me zoom in on the present, right now, as I lay here procrastinating from doing my tasks for just a while longer. Right now, I have a lot of questions in my heart. Questions about my health, my priorities, my goals, my dreams. Some of these questions that I have been asking a lot have been:

"Are you eating the diet you're eating at this time for you or for everyone else?" 
"What lifestyle do you REALLY want to live?" 
"Why are you so afraid of 'haters'?" 
"Why must you always feel like you're the middle person - having to solve everyone's problems, the glue that holds everyone together?"
 "You can live life for yourself, you know. So why don't you?"
"What do YOU want?"

And boy, have I been on quite the journey. Right now I'm experimenting once again with being a hardcore, unprocessed vegan. But this time, I'm not doing it to show everyone "the right way" or to do what other people, blogs, and documentaries tell me to do. I'm not doing it for fear of the "evil food". I'm doing it because I gravitate to it now. I want it. And I truly believe it is one of the best ways to help the planet and your body each and every day. 
I'm also considering making my blog the way I want it to be instead of a compilation of everything that seems "healthy". 

I've heard great feedback from all of you saying that you love my mentality on health, and I hope you continue enjoying my blog as my perspective changes.

Now for the future...

In the future, these things may happen:
* I may have weeks of no blog posts whatsoever
* I may give some plant rants.
* I may start changing my blog's layout
* I may start posting my progress (because as some of you perhaps may know, I'm still not at the weight or the health I desire)
* I may vent a bit - because, let's me honest, this is a RAW blog: raw eats, raw experience, raw emotion.
* I may become a new person. :) 

In the meanwhile though, what you see is what you get. This is me. Right now. Natalyn in the raw. And I'm learning to love what I know and see now as well as what I will see in the future.

Peace, love, and nut butter.

~ Natalyn






No comments:

Post a Comment