Friday, May 10, 2013

On-the-go Tupperware Curry Noodle Salad for One

Hey y'all!

Ready for a new salad idea? It all happens inside a big tupperware container.


I have decided to formally call this salad "Curried Sweet Potato Noodle Salad" but you can call it "Tupperware Salad" for short. But if you're making this in a regular bowl and serving to guests (which I also encourage if you decide to double the recipe), please call it the former and not the latter! The guest might get a little afraid if the title of your formal dining food involves a plastic food storage container. 

But if you are sitting here, reading this, and would really like something you can make and take in one container, read on and I shall explain the simplicity of this recipe. It literally just popped in my head as I was cleaning the kitchen a couple nights ago, so I set to work and in no time (okay, like an hour - prepping for the first time took a little while) had a fresh, delicious salad to take to school with me the next day. 

But yeah, it was that simple: I added in my desired ingredients, and then I closed the tupperware and shook them up to combine.


I know, I get excited over the simplest things. 

Chill out, Natalyn. 

Gosh.


Curried Sweet Potato Noodle Salad (a.k.a. Tupperware Salad)

Serves 1 as a tupperware salad, and 2-3 as a side salad

Salad Ingredients:
* 1 long raw sweet potato (I used the white-fleshed variety), peeled and mandoline-sliced into noodles
* 1/2 carrot, shredded
* 3/4 gala apple, shredded (or noodled)
* small handful cilantro, minced
* 4 Tbsp. raisins
Dressing Ingredients:
* juice from one lime
* 1/2 clove garlic, minced
* small knob ginger, minced (about the size of a whole garlic clove)
Finishing Touches:
* 1 tsp. curry powder
* 4 shakes cinnamon

Directions:
1) Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside to let the flavors fuse.
2) Combine all salad ingredients in a tupperware (or a bowl, your choice) container. Close and shake container.
3) Add dressing to the salad and shake the container once again.
4) Sprinkle 1 tsp. curry powder over the salad as evenly as you can. Same with the cinnamon. Then close and shake VERY well until the spices have been evenly distributed throughout the salad.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Don't skip out on the raisins in this salad - they give a sweet pop of flavor to every delicious bite. 

I hope you enjoy, and I will talk to you all very soon! 

Much love,

~ Natalyn


2 comments: