Thursday, May 23, 2013

Delicious Collard Wraps for Two

Today I decided to be so generous and share them with me, myself, and I. How sweet of me, right? ;)

All jokes aside, these collard wraps are DELISH!! And they're actually quite similar to my Light and Tasty Taco Lettuce Wraps Recipe, excepting that I don't use cilantro or pink salt in this recipe, and that I have switched to a better tortilla leaf: Collard Greens!

This recipe makes two wraps and gives you a teeny bit of leftover filling to enjoy by itself. I hope you enjoy!


Quick and Easy Collard Wraps for Two

Makes two collard wraps.

Ingredients:
* 2 collard leaves, de-stemmed
* 1/4 (can use 1/2) avocado, peeled and diced
* 3/4 medium cucumber, cut into different shapes (as Fullyraw Kristina likes to say, texture is key!)
* 4 small tomatoes, diced
* one small ear sweet white corn
* chopped baby spinach
Complementary Ingredients:
* juice of 2 lemon slices (optional)
* Cholula or hot sauce of choice! (optional)
* pinch of cumin (optional)
Directions:
1) After de-stemming your collard leaves, place your avocado on one side of the wrap. Make sure not to place food too close to the sides (in other words, treat this collard wrap like a burrito). 
2) Combine tomatoes, cucumber, and corn in a medium mixing bowl, then add desired amount to the burrito. 
3) Lastly, place the spinach on top of the filling and add at least one of the complementary ingredients (trust me, you won't be sorry! SO AMAZING). But feel free to add all three like I did for my second collard wrap.
4) Roll 'er up!
5) Consume with a side of hot sauce, which is optional but recommended. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I hope you give this recipe a try, because it is so simple and yet so good! I made a meal out of this, and feel amazing. :)

Much love,

~ Natalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment