Friday, May 31, 2013

A Warm Bowl of Sunshine!

Here comes the sun *doo dee doo dee* Here comes the sun, and I say "IT'S ALL RIGHT!!"


Isn't this corn chowder beautiful? I turned it yellow with turmeric and tomatoes. 

Being that I'm in a hurry, I'm gonna write the recipe quick quick quick!!


Bowl of Sunshine Corn Chowder

Serves 3-5

Ingredients
* 1/2 cup soy milk + a little over 1/2 cup water
* Kernels from 4-5 ears of corn
* 1/2 tsp. turmeric
* 2 small tomatoes
* 1 yellow bell pepper
* large handful curly kale
* 1 green onion
Seasonings
* 1 leaf sage
* 1 bay leaf
* 1/2 tsp. red miso paste (optional)
* 1-2 tsp. Earth balance butter (optional)
* salt to taste
* pepper to taste
Directions
1) In blender, combine soy milk, water, two handfuls of corn, turmeric, and miso. Set aside.
2) Dice the bell pepper, one tomato, and chop half of the green onion. Throw into a medium saucepan and sauté for a minute or three. Then add the mixture from the blender.
3) Add the sage and bay leaves and bring mixture to a boil. Add remaining ingredients except for kale and simmer for another 5-8 minutes. 
4) Add remaining seasonings and adjust to taste. Add kale. Remove from heat.
5) Let cool, then serve warm with bread, corn chips, or by itself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I hope you enjoy the recipe. It was made with much love. <3

I was going to talk more, but I'm in a hurry because I have a pre-graduation ceremony to attend!!!

Peace love and soup!

~ Natalyn




No comments:

Post a Comment