Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sweet n' Spicy Cold Noodle Salad

Hey everyone! Happy Tuesday (well, practically Wednesday).

Let's just get to the topic, shall we? Why delay any longer?


Fresh zucchini and daikon "noodles" drenched in a sweet, spicy mango dressing with just a hint of sesame. To add to the deliciousness, I added some organic baby broccoli and fresh italian basil! What a combo!! Am I TRULY cleansing my body when the food tastes this yummy? Am I dreaming???? 

Look, I even ate it for breakfast (it was supposed to be my lunch - but don't worry, I still had plenty left to eat for lunch):


This is an 80/10/10 low fat raw vegan recipe. In this way of eating (and living), nothing is cooked, and fruits and veggies - especially fruits - are the main calorie source (being the 80%). The other 20% is fats (10%) and protein (10%). Pretty cool stuff. Such an inspiring lifestyle. 

Though I'm not completely low fat raw vegan, I've taken so many things from this lifestyle and applied it to my life... such as the low fat part. Before this lifestyle, I would eat fat in excess and wonder why in the world I would lose all of my energy. When I explored the lfrw (low fat raw vegan) diet for a bit, I realized that my overall energy level was increasing. 

There are so many other things that I could tell you about this, but I did promise a recipe, so without further delay, here cometh it!!


Sweet n' Spicy Cold Noodle Salad 
Flavored with sesame :)

Serves 1-2 as a meal, 4-5 as a side

Ingredients:
* 4 small zucchini, spiralized or mandoline-sliced
* 1 small daikon radish, mandoline-sliced (shredded is probably fine)
* 4-5 baby broccoli stems, chopped into bite-size pieces

* 1 cup frozen mangos, thawed 
* 2-3 soaked medjool dates (or 4 deglet noor dates)
* date water
* 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
* pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
Garnish:
* 4-5 large leaves basil, chiffonaded
* splash of lime (juice from one wedge)

Directions:
1) Prepare zucchini, daikon, and baby broccoli stems, and set aside in a large bowl.
2) For dressing, combine remaining ingredients except for garnish in your Vitamix or other blender. 
3) Add the garnish to the salad, and then pour all of the dressing over it.
4) Mix thoroughly and enjoy!!! 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm surprised to say that I have been thoroughly enjoying this veggie challenge. I have been consuming so many more veggies lately, and I have been feeling so great. Must be all those sneaky minerals! 

Well, I suppose that's it for the day. I'm now headed back over to my homework for the night. Fun stuff, right?? *end sarcasm*

I hope you give this delicious noodle salad a try! Remember, healthy doesn't have to taste bad!!! 

Much love and zucchini.



~ Natalyn   ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment