Sunday, April 21, 2013

Crunchy veggie noodles and CREAMY savory avocado goodness!

Maybe I should have made THIS post my Earth day post. Look! It's a thyme "tree". *giggles*



But in all seriousness.. these noodles are GOOD. Very, very, good. 

I have decided to title this recipe "Crunchy Raw Noodles with Rosemary Lemon Avocado Cream and Thyme". Fancy, no?
I say "noodles", but what this really tastes like is a crunchy, savory noodle salad. Why? Well, it's crunchy, and it's not warm. But boy, is it ever delicious!!!!

Now, what do you think these noodles are made out of? Can you guess?


No, the noodles are not made from zucchini. These are sweet potato noodles. Surprised you, didn't I? 
I made these noodles with a mandoline slicer, but feel free to spiralize them or even peel them with a veggie peeler (I've done this before with all sorts of veggies. Takes a bit longer, but still works and is delicious). 

If you're interested in seeing what a mandoline slicer looks like and how it works, I have taken a lovely little picture for you. I apologize for the mess on the counter. :-/


Ok, well it's super late for me to be on the computer, but I did promise the recipe tonight, so without further ado, I give you my newest recipe!


Sweet Potato "Noodles" with Rosemary-Lemon Avocado Cream and Thyme

Serves 1 hungry person

Ingredients
* most (or all) of a long sweet potato, mandoline-sliced or spiralized

* 1/2 avocado
* 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (or whatever milk you prefer)
* 1/4 clove of garlic (or even less, but don't omit)
* 1-2 tsp. lemon juice
* 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
*1 tsp. dried rosemary
* pinch salt
* pinch pepper

Directions
1) Prepare "noodles" and place in a big bowl. Set aside.
2) Combine all dressing ingredients in Vitamix blender and combine until very smooth and creamy and well combined. You're probably going to need to add a bit more milk (I know I had to). 
3) Taste, and adjust ingredients accordingly (you may find that you enjoy more rosemary, less lemon, very little salt, etc.). 
4) Pour creamy sauce/dressing/deliciousness over the noodles. Mix well, and ingest responsibly. ;)

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Okie dokie y'all! I'm going to peace out. I hope you have a wonderful week, and I'll talk to you soon!

Much love, 

~ Natalyn






No comments:

Post a Comment