Sunday, March 10, 2013

Step 4: When in Doubt... Run it out!

Or walk it out, or rock climb it out, or jump-rope or zumba (or however you spell that). You get the idea, right?



That's what I'm trying to tell myself. I'll admit, I haven't worked out as much as I have wanted.. which sucks. But the good news is that my cold is finally going away. That cough didn't want to leave my body.

Anyway, so here's the best news for both of us: Today is a new day!
A new day to inspire myself, motivate myself, and to take the hardest step: out the door. Again, Nike's ubiquitous motto rings in my brain: just do it.


And it's true. Sometimes the biggest struggle is imagining yourself out there, but then when you actually go out there and run off all of the doubt, all of the negative feelings, you come out of it an overall happier person.

If you think about it, step 4 is pretty much a necessary repetition of step 1: sometimes the hardest step you take is out the door. The doubt is telling you no, but you need to beat that doubt... I need to beat my doubt today. 

My mind is giving me every reason I shouldn't work out: "It's too late. You're gonna get fat." "You don't have time to be working out. Do it tomorrow." "Don't your shins hurt from last time?" "What if you're doing it wrong?" "A marathon? Really? Is that what you think you can do?" 

Well, I'm going to give my mind a little bit of it's own medicine today. 

To my thoughts,

Hey, I appreciate your concern. And yes, I've got unhealthy habits that could potentially make me              fat. Yes, I don't necessarily have the time to be working out. Yes, my shins sometimes hurt when I run because they are getting used to it. And yes, perhaps I am working out the wrong way. 

Nevertheless, exercise does something for you and me both that you don't like to admit - it stabilizes us, disciplines us... it makes you a giver of positive thoughts rather than negative self-criticism. Don't you see, the more we don't exercise my body, the more you're going to be out of shape as well? 

Though you do not agree with my body (and though my body sometimes doesn't agree with me either), I'm going to do what's best for all of us... and push aside my doubt as I step out the door. 

You can thank me later.

~ Natalyn

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Well, I'm gonna go for a run. Wish me luck - I have no desire to do this, but I would like to follow my own advice and go out there. I'm going to feel so much happier and accomplished once this is over - and I'll be ready to tackle my giants and challenges of the day.

Much love,


~ Natalyn :)

P.S. SO sorry about never posting those delightful dinner recipes. They will eventually come - especially that waldorf salad (YUM!). As of late, I have been collecting my most successful recipes (not on this blog yet) and organizing them onto ONE notebook so that I can easily transfer them to my blog and give out recipes to people. This may take a while, so I appreciate your patience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment