Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Best Salad AND an Unassembled Sushi Experiment

Yo yo yo sup peeps!!!!!?

Okay, I'll never talk like that again. *fingers crossed* ... *snicker*

Yes indeed, I'm feeling silly and goofy today. Why? I have no clue. I'm single, it's Valentines day, and I'm acting crazy. Makes no sense.

Here's my recipe of the day:


A simple blend of organic baby spinach/spring mix, accompanied by red bell peppers, green apples, and a light and slightly sweet and nutty dressing. Super easy and tasty. 


You might be wondering why the heck I would present a salad on Valentine's day.. well here's why:

I FELT LIKE IT. :)

And here's a bonus: It makes you and your special someone live longer - who doesn't want that, huh? Health is wealth, my friend!


The dressing is just 1) oil of choice, 2) vinegar of choice, and 3) sweetener of choice. 

That's it! 

I used grapeseed oil, coconut vinegar, and a few drops of stevia to balance out the mix of salty and sour. I also decided (last-minute) to add leftover roasted corn and crushed peanuts to the salad. Amazing, but totally optional, because this salad is good with whatever you put in it!

Basic Salad with BOMB.COM dressing
Salad Ingredients:
* Favorite baby lettuce spring mix, preferrably organic
* Organic baby spinach
* 1 green apple, sliced thinly
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped into short, skinny pieces
AMAZING Dressing Ingredients:
* 1-2 Tbsp. Oil of choice
* 4 drops stevia 
* 1 Tbsp. vinegar of choice
Directions:
1) Fill a large salad bowl (about the size of a small mixing bowl) with desired amounts of lettuce and spinach. Add the apple and bell pepper.
2) Combine dressing ingredients together first, then pour over the salad and mix thoroughly. 
3) Enjoy!

Serving Suggestions: Assemble the salad and then eat it all, then watch your loved one's face as he/she sees the glow of well-being on your skin and basks in the radiance of your smile! OR you can just share the salad together.

Here's what I did with the other half of my salad bowl, in case you want to try:


Unassembled Sushi Bowl
Ingredients:
* Half of my aforementioned salad recipe (with dressing)
* Leftover white or brown rice
* 2-3 tsp. soy sauce
* crushed roasted peanuts
* handful of alfalfa sprouts
* roasted salted seaweed, torn into bite-size pieces

Combine all ingredients, then devour as sanely as you can! YUM!


If you have leftover roasted seaweed sitting in that packet, don't let it go to waste!

I hope your Valentine's day was full of love, surprises, chocolate, happiness... AND SALAD!


Much love,

~ Natalyn







No comments:

Post a Comment