Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Step Two: Something is Better than Nothing

Hey everyone. :)

Before I start, a reminder: I'm sharing this advice with you, but it's honestly just my self-talk. I'm trying to tell myself these things each and every day so that I do not give up. So please don't think I'm some superwoman or professional athlete, because I'm not. If anything, I'm simply an example of reality: NOBODY IS PERFECT. On a happier note, we can always try our best no matter how imperfect we feel! Which leads me to my topic today:

Check out this quote I found on Pinterest today:

I just love it! It argues my advice for today perfectly: Always remember that something is better than nothing. 

I try to aim for all, but if I land on something, it's better than nothing. Right now, my bones are tired, my throat hurts (from talking and singing too much), and my muscles are sore! This plan of mine is harder than I thought it would be... but there's got to be some way to motivate myself to keep going!

So, this morning at about 6:00 AM, I shuffled downstairs for some "motivation juice":


Carrot-Apple Juice
Serves 1-2
Ingredients
* 6-7 large organic carrots
* 1-2 organic green apple, core removed 

Directions
Run ingredients through juicer, serve in a tall glass and enjoy!

~

Don't worry, that's not the glass I used - mine was MUCH fancier. ;)

I actually added a pear to mine, but I didn't like the aftertaste of the pear. But it's ok, because I still thoroughly enjoyed that juice, and now I feel like I can do my exercise.


Wish me luck! This challenge to juice (and develop/maintain consistent exercise habits) is harder than I thought, but I don't want to give up. Try this juice and let me know what you think - if you like carrots, you'll most likely love this sweet juice!

Peace, love, and carrots!!

~ Natalyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment