Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm back!!!! With a recipe!!!

Hello, everyone!!

I'm back! Not only as a blogger, but as a person with a renewed resolve to be healthy. If I continue to go on this subject, I can write a book!

Therefore, I shall change the subject:

This is my dog, Rocky. Well actually, he's my sister's dog, therefore he is my "doggie nephew". Hahaha! I crack myself up!

Anyway, as you can see, this dude LOVES persimmons. In fact, today, my mom found the biggest persimmon yet to appear on our tree, and that sneaky Pete dun' stole it! He even ate some of the leaves attached to it!

I guess I better put this persimmon pie far out of his reach:


More specifically, a raw persimmon pie with maple almond pistachio crust! Ooh la la!  

And boy, was it tasty! 


The crazy part about this pie is its magical properties. You see, I'm a major sweet tooth, and this pie satisfies it even though it's only slightly sweet. 


Ok, ok, I've rambled enough. Onward to the recipe!!!!! 

Makes about 4 super mini pies, but depends on the cookie cutters you use. For me, it made two because the music note cookie cutter is HUGE!!

Persimmon Pie with Pistachio Maple Crust
Crust:
* 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled
* 1/4 cup almonds
* 2 dates
*pinch salt
To add later:
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 tsp. maple syrup

*note* do not soak any of the crust ingredients. Only soak when I say to soak!

Filling:
* 1 hachya (soft) persimmon
* 1 fuyu (hard) persimmon
* 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 30 min. or so, and then rinsed before adding.
* 2 dates, soaked for 15 min.
* Juice of 1/4 lime *optional*
* 1/4 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (I used coconut vinegar, but either way it will probably taste the same).

To make the crust: 1. In a Vitamix dry blender or food processor, blend all crust ingredients except for vanilla and maple syrup. Blend until crumbs are very fine. Then take that mixture and put it in a bowl. 
2. Add in the vanilla and maple syrup, and mix until very well combined. 

To make the filling:1. Place all filling ingredients into your regular Vitamix blender until smooth and creamy (may take quite a while).
2. Set aside. 

Now it's time to assemble!!1. Use your favorite cookie cutters of choice. Press crust at bottom of cookie cutter - to this to your desired thickness. 
2. Spoon in the filling. 
3. Place in the refrigerator for a couple hours or overnight.
4. EAT!!!!! :)

I hope all of you have a wonderful thanksgiving's eve! ;)

Much love,

~ Natalyn 

P.S. I might get my hair cut soon!! :O Woohoo!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment