Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Refreshing Juice for One

Hello y'all. :)

So today, I was realizing what a sugar rush I've had lately... ok, I didn't just "realize". I knew.

So I decided to start a little colon cleanse of sorts: Juice fasting - or juice "feasting", as Angela Stokes Monarch from Raw Food World likes to say. I agree with her, actually. Juice is good. It doesn't have to be torture to drink simply juice for a couple days. I know it sounds horrible, and it may feel horrible at first (because the toxins are exiting your body), but once you finish a juice feast, you will be so happy you did.

Today, I have a unique juice for my experienced juice feasters to try:


It looks like your ordinary green juice, right? 

But I added a secret ingredient...
Cilantro!! 

Wait, what are you doing? Don't leave! I promise it will taste refreshing!!

Nat's Refreshing Cilantro Juice for One

Serves 1 small glass

Ingredients:
* 1 green apple, washed very well
* 2 leaves lacinato (dinosaur) kale
* 1 big handful of cilantro
* 1/2 peeled lime (leave the white part of the rind on the lime)

Directions:
1) Run all ingredients through your juicer, starting with the cilantro.
2) Enjoy immediately! :) Your body thanks you.

WARNING: I do not necessarily recommend this juice as a starting juice for beginners. Cilantro is a strong, powerful herb and your body may not be ready to ingest it yet.

But if you have juiced before, then go for it!! :) I hope you enjoy this juice as much as I did - it's so refreshing!

Much love,

~ Natalyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment