Friday, September 14, 2012

My second raw cheesecake recipe EVER!

 I have yet to post my first raw cheesecake... I'll post that one soon enough.

But for now, check out my second attempt at a raw cheesecake:



Drooling yet? I know I sure was! 

So, what inspired me to make this cheesecake??? Browse Fragrant Vanilla Cake's recipes for raw cheesecakes, and you will completely understand my obsession with raw cheesecake! 

Let's take another look at this exotic treat, shall we? *giggles with delight*


Magnifique!!!

I'm so sorry, forgive me if I am sounding a little crazy at the moment. I truly don't mean to be this way right now, but I just get so excited! You can ask my friend. We went to a health food store together, and I started bouncing around like an idiot pointing at random healthy, vegan objects and squealing with glee. She even videoed me doing this. -__-  



Anyway, I was inspired to create this cheesecake flavor because I love pineapples and raspberries, and I had both of them on hand so I thought, "Why not?" And then the best idea EVER came to me: Put in some lime juice. And I did just that.



I've got to say, I was a little surprised at the end result: tastes just like pina colada! So, if you love pina colada, and you love raw cheesecakes, you will seriously LOVE this recipe. 

Ok, I'll stop babbling so that I can give you the recipe!



Raw Pineapple Raspberry Lime Cheesecake

Crust Ingredients:
* 1 cup almonds (do not soak)
* 4-5 dates
* 2 pinches of salt
Pineapple Filling Ingredients:
* 2/3 cup cashews, soaked for at least 30 min. (make sure to soak first, and THEN measure 2/3 cup)
* 1 cup diced pineapple
* 2 Tbsp. agave
* juice of 1 lime (you can add a little more if you want)
* pinch of salt
* 4 Tbsp. coconut oil (make sure that it is FRESH, not old)
Raspberry Filling Ingredients:
* 2/3 cup cashews 
* 3/4 cup raspberries
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 4 Tbsp agave or honey (I used a little bit of both, mostly honey)
* juice of 1/2 lime
* pinch of salt 
* 4 Tbsp. coconut oil

Directions:
1) In Vitamix dry blender or your food processor, blend crust ingredients until almonds are pretty much finely ground and dates are well incorporated. Press mixture into bottom of springform removable bottom pan (about 9 inch, I believe) and place in freezer.
2) While your crust is freezing, blend all of your pineapple filling ingredients except for coconut oil. When pineapple filling is smooth and creamy and satisfying to your taste (if you feel it needs more sugar, salt, etc, you can add more to your taste), add the coconut oil.
3) Pour completed pineapple filling on top of your crust, and place back into freezer.
4) Blend raspberry filling ingredients except for coconut oil until smooth and creamy. Check for bitterness - if it's still a bit bitter (from the raspberry seeds), just add a bit more sweetener and a little more lime juice. When satisfied, add the coconut oil.
5) Pour raspberry mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Swirl both cheesecake filling mixtures together with a knife or spoon.
6) Let cheesecake set in the freezer for 30-45 minutes, or until firm (like tofu, sort of). 
7) For best flavor, serve IMMEDIATELY. Does not hold its good flavor for a long time in the refrigerator. 

I hope you guys enjoy this cheesecake as much as I (and my friend) did!

Much love,


~ Natalyn

P.S. You can try experimenting with a little less coconut oil - like maybe 3 tablespoons instead of four. I know it's a lot of fat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment