Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cookies Galore!!!

Cookies are so delicious. The only problem is that I have been wayyyyyy too lazy lately. I haven't had a smoothie, salad, or even a handful of FRESH veggies in a week or something. I also have been slacking off on the exercise (uh oh!).

Too much cookies + no exercise + no veggies + unbalanced meals/lifesyle + sloppy sleep pattern = unhealthy, unhappy person.

Therefore, I'll definitely be eating more veggies. Gosh, I'm craving them!

And I'll probably be consuming less of those sneaky cookies as well....

^.^ teehee.

But as my grand cookie finale, I would like to present to you the ultimate gluten-free breakfast cookie:

Ta da! :D 
It is delectable. Super moist. Super sweet. Super good. You must try this recipe.

I highly recommend that you use this exact type of oatmeal for this recipe if you're not allergic/sensitive to gluten:
Coach's Oats - Cracked n' Toasted Oats
These oats are so good. The texture is unbeatable. It really makes these cookies extra special. You can probably find these oats at your average grocery store or places like Costco, Sam's Club, etc. If you don't find it there, you can always order some online. :)

Well, let's not waste any more time! Onward to the recipe:



Cinnamon Raisin Banana Breakfast Cookies
Wet Ingredients:
* 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
* 2 Tbsp. honey
* 1/4 cup nut or rice milk
* 1 ripe banana

Dry Ingredients:
* 1 cup cracked oats (whole grain oatmeal)
* 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
* 1/4 cup raisins
* 1 tsp. cinnamon
* 3 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar
* 2 pinches salt
* 5 Tbsp. oat flour

Last-minute Ingredients:
* 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 tsp. baking powder

Garnish (Don't skip this!)
* Cinnamon
* Dry sugar of choice (I use coconut palm sugar or dry maple sugar)
* Hemp Hearts

Directions:
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheight.

2) In your Vitamix blender, puree bananas, melted coconut oil, and milk (the honey will be added to the dough later). Pour mixture into a large bowl.

3) In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add honey and the wet ingredient mixture. Also add your apple cider vinegar and baking powder.

4) Mix all your ingredients (except for garnish, of course) until well combined. The batter should be moldable, but still very messy.

5) With a medium-large spoon or ice cream scoop, drop cookie dough balls onto a greased cookie sheet. You can leave the cookies round or you can squish then into fat pancake-like cookies (I suggest the latter, but it's your choice!) Sprinkle cookies with cinnamon, dry sugar of choice, and hemp hearts.

6) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

7) Eat, my child. Eat.

I enjoyed mine warm with some ice cold almond milk.
Warning: These are super duper addictive and you are going to want to eat more than one five.


Now, on to other matters:

I don't know when I'll be posting my next post, as I am very busy and oh my gosh I feel like such an adult right now because I'm going to college in a month and I have so many responsibilities and things to do and such- *deep breath* - and I just felt like venting that out because I love you guys!!

... My AP English teacher would be SO proud of that sentence!

Well, I gotta run before my English teacher hunts me down and scolds me for my reckless use of run-on sentences, colloquial language, and other grammatical misdemeanors.


Much love,

~ Natalyn :)








No comments:

Post a Comment