Monday, July 23, 2012

My Favorite State and a Delightful Party Recipe!


I'm back from New Mexico! Safe and sound at home, praise the Lord. :)

Ah, New Mexico…. The land rich in culture, art, history, family, old and new friends. The land of enchantment!!!!!

If my good Lord wills it, I would like to live there one day. I mean, look at it! Who wouldn’t want to see this everyday:



It is wonderful. Especially the famous Santa Fe! I was in New Mexico this weekend, and I had such an amazing time in that city. 
P.S. Tomorrow I’m going to tell you about the RAW restaurant I went to there. SO. AMAZING. I will never forget that restaurant.



Well, while I was at New Mexico, I had a fantastic time with my family. We all crammed in my uncle and auntie’s house many times during this trip. During this time, I came up with SO many raw recipes, and I’m so excited to share them all! As I write this, I really don’t know where to start. God has blessed me this weekend with such a great experience, not only with food, but with His presence in peoples’ lives.

Well, I am going to first share a fantastic salsa recipe that is great for parties, get-togethers, you name it!



I give half the credit for this recipe to my cousin A because she was the one who got the idea to put olives in there. It really gives the salsa a perfect flavor. This salsa goes fast, so you’ll probably want to make a double or triple recipe depending on how many are coming. This recipe serves 3-5 people, although me and my cousin A loved it so much that we practically ate the whole bowl the first time I made it. Everyone else in the family just got samples that day!! Whoops. :-}



What I love about this salsa is that it is SUPER fast to make (can take literally 5 minutes with a food processor), annnnnnnddd you can use simple, everyday ingredients to make it. I hate it when I see a recipe and get discouraged to make it because I have to hike over to a fancy store to buy ingredients and/or equipment for it. Please know that I will do my best to keep things as simple as I can for your convenience. Being healthy doesn’t have to be so hard as people say it is. It can be easy, fast, and delicious.
Well, I’ve chatted enough. Here’s the recipe:


                                                 Super Speedy Party Salsa a la RAW (mostly raw)                                                  

Ingredients
  • 3 tomatoes
  • 1 piece of red bell pepper
  • ¼ cup cilantro
  • 9 spanish green olives, pitted
  • 1 ½ Tbsp. savory Louisiana or Mexican Hot Sauce (such as Cholula or Tabasco, etc. NO asian or other hot sauces, as those tend to be sweet and will ruin this recipe. I know by experience)
  • pinch of salt 
  • a dash of LOVE
Directions
1)    In a food processor, chop the cilantro and olives. Add tomato and chop it until it is in small dices.
2)    Empty contents of food processor into bowl and add hot sauce 1 TEASPOON AT A TIME (very important, because some sauces are hotter than others).
3)    Lastly, add your pinch of salt and your dash of love. ;)
4)    Enjoy. Tastes fantastic with banana chips, tortilla chips, or in burritos/wraps.

If you're interested in making this recipe completely raw but don't know where to get raw olives, then allow me to refer you to these beauties:
I got them at the Mama Pacha Raw Restaurant in Santa Fe, but it's rather unrealistic to hike all the way over there for a jar of olives! Therefore, here is the website you can buy these at:

http://www.essentiallivingfoods.com/collections/olives/products/black-pitted-olives

These olives are seriously the best olives I have ever tried. Their full flavor reminds me of a mix of calamata, black, and spanish green olives.. well, whatever, the point is that they taste amazing. ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the good news is that I have a TON more recipes to share, all of which were a hit with my family. I'm debating.. should I write next about my first savory recipe - scrambled tofu toss - or the completely raw and delicious Mexican hot chocolate? Decisions, decisions. Wow, I wish it were tomorrow already!!!!!!! 

Now it's time for me to unpack. -_- My favorite part of the vacation. *end sarcasm* 

What's your favorite State? What attracts you to it? 

Much love,

~ Natalyn <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment