Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's finally here!

Hello Facebookers, Google Plus-ers, internet explorers, any other -ers, family, and friends. I'm here to share some wonderful news:

 I did it! I finally started the blog of my dreams. And I'm so excited to share.


 For now, I'll be taking pics with my old iphone, at least until I can get myself a nice, decent camera that takes even sharper, clearer images.

Well, back to the topic: Welcome to my new blog. As you can see, it doesn't have much at the moment, but I will most definitely be adding more by the day. I am so excited to share my findings (whether recipes or research, exercises, inspirations, etc.) with you. Please let me know how it is so far, cuz I seriously love feedback.

And yes, I will be sharing a recipe today.



Yup. Raw. Gluten free. Dairy free. Processed stuff free. Can even be nut-free, just use ricemilk or coconut water.

Don't have too much at once, or you may have a rich-food coma. So delicious.

Now comes the scary part. Guess what's in this pudding? Just guess.

(Yes, this is me at the Haiti mission trip my school was doing while I was still in the SAD (Standard American Diet) )

Please don't freak out. I knew you would. Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me: "Avocado is a delicious fruit. I will not even taste it in the pudding."

Raw Chocolate Mousse Pudding

Ingredients:
* 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
* 1/2 banana (unless you want banana chocolate pudding, make sure it's not overripe)
* 1/2 cup almond milk or other nut milk
* 1/3 cup agave nectar or other natural sweetener such as honey
* 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 tsp. natural vanilla extract
* Pinch of salt

Directions:
1) Place all ingredients in a Vitamix blender and blend until whipped.
2) Taste the pudding, and adjust ingredients as necessary (you will get used to this step if you decide to become raw. We taste our meals every step of the way to make sure they taste very good), although you probably won't need to for this one!
3) Serve chilled, unless you cannot wait that long. ;)

I hope y'all enjoy. :)

Much love,

~ Natalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment